August 4, 2009

Thank you

Thank you so much for all your kind words...It means so much to us. I really don't know how anyone gets through this journey with out a blog.

We are waiting on confirmation to travel, it could be in just 10 days or next month. We should know by Friday. I think one week to get tickets and a place to stay is enough time, Right? Wow!!


This is all becoming so real now. After waiting 3 years there are many days you think it will never happen and then all of a sudden you have travel plans to go pick up your child. And I'm totally freaking out...I keep telling myself, your a mommy....But I really won't feel that way until she is placed in my arms. I just can't wait to kiss her and run my fingers through all her hair...

We will keep you posted on Friday as to when we travel......Please do pray for many families tonight, they have court this evening and have waited a very long time.....They all need to pass and bring there children home......

5 comments:

Missy said...

Such an exciting time for everyone!!! Your little Finley is gorgeous and you ARE a mommy now!!!!! YEA!!!! Can't wait til you guys get to go pick her up!!!!

Becky said...

We found out on a Monday that we could travel and left on Friday so a week is plenty of time! Really happy for you and I'm like you I don't know how people go through this process without a blog. If you need any travel advice email me bramer@charter.net. It's so wonderful and be sure to take plenty of pictures/video. That is one thing I wish I had done more of while we were there. It is crazy how fast it all seems once you pass court and before you know it you will be home!

Becky and Naing said...

Erin, I'm so happy for you.
And when you get settled in you need to come to the next Portland Ethiopian get together so we can meet her.

jamullins said...

It's about time you get to travel to bring that precious girl home! I hope the travel arrangements are made asap!

Julie

Anonymous said...

Erin,

Congratulations! Finley is beautiful!

My name is Mary Dearman and my husband, David, and I are also a CHI family. We passed court on Wednesday, after being delayed for three months due to the abandonment issue. We will most likely leave on August 29th to pick up our daughter. She will be just over eight months old.

If you are able to travel with an earlier embassy date, could we bother you for a few last minute pictures? Even though we will meet her in about three weeks, pictures would be wonderful.

Please email me at mdearman at alabamacu dot com if you would like. Thanks so much!

Mary